Home * About * Subscribe by Kindle
_____________________________________________
Writers of the Apocalypse * My Music
_____________________________________________

Monday, March 22, 2004

The Goddess (dream)

At first it was an older man and I, and I was making a Chinese shirt. We were discussing the sleeves, and I told him (as the book flipped in front of the eyes at the same time we were climbing ladders and attending to everyday business) that to have long sleeves would have meant he were royalty. The sleeves were set a certain way because you were not supposed to use your hands. He was wearing blue - Chinese rabble - but was a nice guy. He didn't want fancy sleeves, he only wanted functional sleeves. The dream changed, or perhaps it was another dream. She (or myself in a past life) was kept in a tall place, and her room was large and full of nice things. She was young, about fourteen or so, and I was in her body, watching her life and thinking. She was the emporer's wife, and I'm not sure if she had a baby or not. I was still thinking of the sleeves. Her two ladies in waiting attended to matters while I walked in her body. I wondered how she would care for her child, when she had one. I pictured the nursemaids shifting her body for her so she could nurse. The emporess thought to herself that she would like it to rain. It did rain. The thunder boomed in the distance and I could hear the water falling outside. The emporess rushed to the window while the nursemaids ignored her, and I floated outside. She was a toddler, our emporess, and before I departed her body she thought, "I can make it rain!" She was a very plump Chinese child and smiled and made delighted noises as she looked out at the passing rain. I knew the rain was only a passing shower, and I groaned "oh no" to myself as I realized she now thought she was a goddess. Her hair was pulled into a tight pony tail, and it was decorated with fern leaves of some sort. It was an interesting headdress and I wondered at the meaning of it, that an emporess should be wearing some of that kind. She was otherwise naked, as many toddlers were in those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment