Home * About * Subscribe by Kindle
_____________________________________________
Writers of the Apocalypse * My Music
_____________________________________________

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pacific Time

So l lately around the house my husband and I have begun to notice things getting moved in his computer hutch and wotnot - areas I don't bother in the waking world at least. And at least once the time on his laptop - which I hate - had been changed to Pacific time. We couldn't make any sense of it, really, except that the physical clues this was being done and not a computer error had our eyebrows lifted.

So yesterday my husband tricked me into watching something with triggers in it. That stupid Revolution show? Yeah. On top of feeling like I was watching one long rerun and wondering how quickly it will take for me to find the dreams I've been having that match it perfectly in my dream diary (from before this show started to run), the pilot sent me bawling to the bedroom where I ended up hiding on the floor by the bed. I haven't done that in a long long time - and only rarely I'm normally a lot stronger about things - but seriously that show didn't just have one trigger you could smooth over. It had minutes of ten triggers happening at once. Talk about overload.

Then I got left alone all night because my husband is working graveyard. And I knew I was probably going to work, and I knew the triggers that had been hit were the kind that agitates the alter. But today... my computer was set on Pacific time.

No physical signs of moving about. Nothing like that. Just the time change.

Now I know me, I know my after work habits. They're habits we all share. What do we do? We check our emails and chill, then we sometimes go to bed. I suspect that's what she's doing... she's checking something, noticing the clock is off (for her), "fixing it" (another habit of mine) and then going back to bed.

But mind you I also have entertained the possibility the computer somehow set itself to Pacific time when I reinstalled the software last week even though I would have told it Eastern or Central (depending on my habit) and the clock has been accurate all up until today. :-)

It's a physical clue at least, right? Pacific time. That's a real physical clue.


No comments:

Post a Comment